Dr. NAZIA TARANNUM
Dr. NAZIA TARANNUM
Assistant Professor Department of Chemistry
University: CCS University Meerut
Research ID Profile URL: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-9456-2012
- Ph.D. awarded in August 2012 on topic “Synthesis, characterization and analytical applications of certain polysulfobetaines and polycarbobetaines" in Analytical Chemistry, from Department of Chemistry, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Master of Science in Chemistry (2007) with specialization in Organic Chemistry from Department of Chemistry, Lucknow University, Lucknow, India. (Ist Division)
- Bachelor of Science (2005) from Lucknow University, Lucknow, India. (Ist Division)
- Worked as a DST- Junior Research Fellow from January 01, 2009 – January 01, 2011.
- Worked as a DST-Senior Research Fellow from January 02, 2011- September 30, 2011.
- Worked as Postdoctoral Fellow in Department of Chemistry, BHU, Varanasi from January 01, 2012- August 31, 2012.
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Department of Chemistry, ITM University Gwalior, M.P. from September 10, 2012- April 15, 2013.
- Worked as Postdoctoral Fellow in Department of Chemistry IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai from May 6, 2013- April 01, 2014.
- Currently working as Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut, U.P from 3 March, 2015- till date.
- Qualified B.H.U. Combined Research Entrance Test-CRET 2007 (BHU Research Scholarship holder from July 2007-Dec 2008)
- Qualified CSIR Research Associate Fellowship from June 2013-March 2014.
- Received DST and INSA Travel Grant-2011 for presenting research paper in International Conference held at France.
- Received DST and INSA Travel Grant-2015 for presenting research paper in International Conference held at France
- Received VIFA Young Faculty Award 2016 (Category: Chemistry-Synthesis of Organic Polymers)
- Nominated as Young Scientist by Department of Science and Technology –GOI in September 2016 to draft and plan the science and technology enterprise for India in BRICS-STEP 2016 (Brazil Russia, India, China, South Africa-Science and Technology Enterprise)
Areas of Research Interest
- Molecularly Imprinted Polymers
- Synthesis, characterization and analytical application of Polybetaine system
- Sensors for trace level detection of target molecule, Conducting Polymers
- Optimization and calculation of physical parameters using Gaussian software
Membership of society
- Editorial board member of International Journal “Research in Pharmacy and Health Sciences” (Official Journal of “Indian Academy of Pharmacists”)
- Affiliate Member of International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Periodical Reviewer of Journal of Molecular Simulations, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, American Journal of Analytical Chemistry
- FTIR analyses
- UV-visible spectroscopy
- Fluorescence spectroscopy
- DSA(Double sided Aligner)
- Thermal Evaporation
- GC/MS, GLC
- Thermal Analyses
- XRD analyses (powdered and Single crystal)
- Scanning electron microscopy
- Semiprobe measurements in Glove box
- Spin Coater
Gaussian, WinGx, Ortep, Mercury, Platon, Originlab, Chem-Draw, Sci-Lab, Adobe Photoshop
- Member of Women Cell, from January 01, 2016-till date Ch Charan Singh University, Meerut
- Assistant Warden of Durga Bhabhi Girls Hostel at Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut from 3 October 2016-30 April 2017.
- Assistant Warden of Durga Bhabhi Girls Hostel at Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut from 27 October 2017-till date.
- Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh. “Synthesis and characterization of certain organogels based on Schiff base chemistry.” J. Appl. Polym. Sci. (2010) 118, 2821-2832. doi: 10.1002/app.32393.(InterWiley Science IF=1.4) ISSN: 1097-4628
- Nazia Tarannum, Hirdyesh Mishra and Meenakshi Singh. “Synthesis, Characterization and Photoluminescence of Novel Sulfobetaine Polyelectrolytes”. J. Fluoresc. (2011) 21, 289-297. doi: 10.1007/s10895-010-0716-z. (Springer IF=1.8) ISSN: 1573-4994
- Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh. “Synthesis and swelling characteristics of responsive carboxybetaine gel.” J. Appl. Polym. Sci. (2011) 122, 241-248. doi:10.1002/app.341. (InterWiley Science IF=1.4) ISSN: 1097-4628
- Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh “Selective recognition and detection of L- aspartic acid by molecularly imprinted polymer in aqueous solution.” Am. J. Ana. Chem. (2011) 2, 909-918 doi: 10.4236/ajac.2011. (Appeared as Journal Cover Page). (American Scientific Publisher) ISSN: 2156-8278
- Tuhina Tiwari, Nazia Tarannum, Meenakshi Singh and Neelam Srivastava. “Electrical transport studies of a novel zwitterionic polymer electrolyte.” full paper in the Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Electroactive Polymers: Materials & Devices,Volume IV during 21-26 November, 2010 at Surajkund, India (MacMillan Publishing Series) ISBN: 978- 935-059-073-7 (2011)
- Abhishek Kumar, Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh. “Surface Photografting of Novel Sulfobetaine Copolymers on Silica.” Material Sci. Appl. (2012) 3, 467-477. doi:10.4236/msa.2012.37066. (American Scientific Publisher IF= 0.61) ISSN: 2153-1188
- Lav Kumar Singh, Abhishek Kumar, Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh. “Chitosan-based hydrogels-synthesis, characterization and swelling behavior.” Proceedings of 4th International conference on Electroactive Polymers: Materials & Devices, during 4-9 November, 2012 at BHU, Varanasi, India. ISBN: 13, 9788184242461
- Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh. “Water-Compatible Surface Imprinting of ‘Baclofen’ on Silica Surface for Selective Recognition and Detection in Aqueous Solution”. Anal. Methods (2012) 4, 3019-3026. doi: 10.1039/C2AY25365H. (Royal Society of Chemistry IF=1.9) ISSN: 1759-9679
- Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh. “Advances in synthesis and applications of sulfo and carbo analogues of polybetaines: A review.” Rev Adv Sci & Eng. 2 (2013) 1-22. doi:10.1166/rase.2013.1036. (American Scientific Publisher) ISSN: 2157-913X
- Meenakshi Singh, Abhishek Kumar and Nazia Tarannum “Water-compatible ‘aspartame’ imprinted polymer grafted on silica surface for selective recognition in aqueous solution.” Anal Bioanal Chem. 405 (12) (2013) 4245-4252 (Springer IF=3.9) ISSN: 1618-2650
- Archana Singh, Paresh Singh, Nazia Tarannum, J Singh and Meenakshi Singh. “Synthesis, characterization and structural analysis of poly[N-chloranil-1-(2 aminoethyl)piperazinium dichloride]”. Nav Gavesana 3(1) (2012) 9-16. (ISSN -0976-9455)
- Archana Singh, Paresh Singh, Nazia Tarannum, J Singh and Meenakshi Singh. “Synthesis, characterization and photophysical behaviour of (2,5-bis-(tris(2-hydroxy ethyl)-ammonium-(3-6-dichlorocyclohexa-2,5-diene-1,4 diol) dichloride”. Nav Gavesana 3(2) (2012) 57-64. (ISSN -0976-9455)
- Tuhina Tiwari, Nazia Tarannum, Maninder Kumar and Neelam Srivastava. “Ion Transport Properties of NaPF6 & NaCl doped Poly(N phenylene N'imino pentyl) imminium propanesulfonate.” Ionics 20 (10) (2014) 1435-1443 doi: 10.1007/s11581-014-1097-0 (Springer IF =1.67) ISSN: 0947-7047
- Meenakshi Singh, Nazia Tarannum and Abhishek Kumar “Selective recognition of fenbufen by surface imprinted silica with iniferter technique.” J Porous Mater 21 (5) (2014) 677-684 doi: 10.1007/s10934-014-9814-7 (Springer IF=1.40) ISSN: 1573-4854
- Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh. “Facile eco-friendly synthesis of 3,4,6,7-tetrahydro 3,3,6,6-tetramethyl-2H-xanthene 1,8(5H,9H-dione, crystal and theoretical study.” Crystallography Reports 59 (7) (2014) 987-992 (Springer IF=0.50) ISSN: 1562-689X
- Ambreesh Kumar, Nazia Tarannum, Ranjan K. Singh and Meenakshi Singh. “Mesalmine Targeted Water-Compatible Molecularly Imprinted Polymer-Silver Nanoparticles with Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopic (SERS) and Voltammetric Detection.” Sensor Lett 13 (2015) 1–8. (American Scientific Publisher IF=0.60) ISSN: 1546-1971
- Vimukti Chauhan, Nazia Tarannum, SK Shukla. “Enhanced Psychotropic Effect of Diazepam Due to In-vivo Drug-Alcohol Interaction.” Int J Medical Tox & Legal Med 18(1) (2015) 21-24 (Medico Legal Society) ISSN: 0974-4614
- Rupali Rastogi, Nazia Tarannum and Richard Butcher. “A facile approach towards synthesis, characterization, single crystal structure and DFT study of 5-bromosalicylalcohol” Crystallography Reports 61(2), (2016) 234-238 (Springer IF=0.50) ISSN: 1562-689X
- Nazia Tarannum, Ranu Agrawal and Rakesh Kumar Soni. “Synthesis and molecular docking of terephthalic dihydrazide from poly(ethylene terepthalate) for antimicrobial activity and biochemical changes” Der Pharma Chemica 8(1) (2016) 137-145 (Scholar Library IF=0.48) ISSN: 0975-413X
- Sukhminder Kaur, Nazia Tarannum, Archana Negi. “Branded Bottled Water as Evidence of Product Tampering” Int. J. Innov. Res. Dev. 4 (13) (2016) 17-19 ISSN: 2278-0211
- Ranu Agrawal, Nazia Tarannum, Swapnil Mishra and Rakesh Kumar Soni. “Synthesis, Antimicrobial Activity and Molecular Modelling of Aminolysed Derivative of Poly(ethylene terephthalate)” Der Pharma Chemica 8(5) (2016) 132-139 (Scholar Library IF=0.48) ISSN: 0975-413X
- Rupali Rastogi, Srasti Gupta, Nazia Tarannum, Ranu Agrawal and Richard Butcher. “Synthesis, Spectral Characterization and Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity of O,O'-alkanediyl S-(N-phthalimidomethyl) dithiophosphates and Zinc bis(O,O'-alkanediyl) dithiophosphates” Phosphorous, Sulfur, Silicon, & Related Elements 192(3) (2017) 300-306 doi: 0.1080/10426507.2016.1237949 (Taylor & Francis IF=0.68) ISSN: 1563-5325
- Nazia Tarannum and Madhu Mohan Varishetty. “Synthesis of Organic Sulfobetaine based Polymer Gel Electrolyte for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell Application” Polym Adv Tech (2017) Accepted doi:10.1002/pat.4028 (InterWiley IF=1.89) ISSN: 1099-1581
- Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, Saba Parveen and Nazia Tarannum. “A Systematic Review on the Synthesis and Biological Activity of Hydrazide Derivatives” Hygeia::J Drugs Med 9(1) (2017) 61-79 (Hygeia: India) ISSN:2229-3590
- Nazia Tarannum, Ranu Agrawal, Rani Yadav, Anjali and Rakesh Kumar Soni. “Assessment of Heavy Metal Contamination Zones of Biota of Western Uttar Pradesh Terrain, India using Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy.” Int J Env Tech Manag 20 (1/2) (2017) 1-9 (Inderscience US) ISSN: 1466-2132
- Ranu Agrawal, Nazia Tarannum, Mukesh Chourasia and Rakesh Kumar Soni. “Evaluation of Potential Antimicrobial Activity and Molecular docking of novel 1,3,4 oxadiazole Derivatives of Poly(ethylene terephthalate).” J Polym & Env (2017) 1-11 Accepted Doi:10.1007/s10924-017-0987-4 (Springer IF=1.962) ISSN: 1572-8900
- Meenu Teotia, Nazia Tarannum, Rakesh Kumar Soni. “Depolymerization of PET Waste for Facile Synthesis of a Series of Potentially Applicable Amides: Their Characterization, and DFT Study” J Appl Polym Sci. 134 (31) (2017) 4153-4163 (InterWiley Science IF=1.4) ISSN: 1097-4628
- Nazia Tarannum, Meenakshi Shingh and Anil Kumar Yadav. “Antibacterial activity, thermal stability and ab-initio study of copolymer containing sulfobetaine and carboxybetaine groups.” Mater Res Express 4 (10) (2017) 105304.
- Nazia Tarannum, Rizwan Khan and Prashant Singh. “Management of Chitin Waste to Chitosan Based Biosorbent for Treatment of Pesticide Contaminated Water.” Mater Res Express (2017) under Review
- Nazia Tarannum, Ranu Agrawal, Shivani Rana, Priyanka Gupta, Amit Upadhyay and Rakesh Kumar Soni. “A Pilot Study on Assessment of Lead in Umbilical Cord Blood Serum and its Correlation with Maternal Socio-demographic and Epidemiological Characteristics” Women & Health (2017) under Review.
- Tuhina Tiwari, Nazia Tarannum, Maninder Kumar and Neelam Srivastava.“Electrical Transport Properties of NaI doped Poly(N-phenyl-N'iminopentyl) imminium propanesulfonate.” Transvylvanian Reviews (2017) under Review.
- Nazia Tarannum, Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, Ranu Agrawal, Mohammad Ubaidullah and Imtiyaz Hassan. “Synthesis, biological evaluation and molecular docking of a series of novel substituted coumarin derivatives as Potential Antimicrobial Agents” Euro J Med Chem (2017) under Review
- Nazia Tarannum, Mukti Verma and Moni Verma. "Synthesis and Antifungal Study of Mixed Ligand Complex of Ni(II) with Dibasic Tridentate Schiff Base as Primary and Naphthoic Acid as Co-ligand" Asian J Chem (2017) under Review
Book/ Book Chapters Published:
- Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh. An applied approach to carbo and sulfo analogues of Polybetaine system. (2013) Lambert Academic Publishing Germany. (ISBN 978-3-659-31797-2)
- Nazia Tarannum and Pierre Dramou. Molecularly Imprinted Catalysts: Synthesis and Applications. In: “Molecularly Imprinted Polymers for Biomimetic Catalysts” (2015) Chapter 11, 225-246 Elseveir, Netherland UK (ISBN: 9780128013014)
- Nazia Tarannum and Meenu Teotia. Renewable Energy Resources: Challenges and Advancement. In: “Energy Conservation and Environment Protection (ECEP)” (2016) Chapter 1, 1-20 International Research Publication House, New Delhi India (ISBN: 987-93-84443-54-2)
- Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh. Graphene Based Polymer Composites and their Receptor Specific Tailored Molecular Imprinted. In “Advances in Multifunctional Materials” (2016) Chapter 4, 59-87, Ideal Book Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi, India (ISBN: 978-81 929869-4-4)
- Nazia Tarannum and Ranu Agrawal. Bioremediation Technology as a Tool for Management of Heavy Metal Pollution. In “Life Science: Recent Innovation and Research” (2016) Chapter 19, 383- 400 International Research Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi , India (ISBN:987-93-84443-53-5)
- Nazia Tarannum and Meenakshi Singh. In: “Polyzwiterions: a viable approach for drug delivery beyond pegylated materials” (2017) Chapter, Elseveir, Netherland UK Under Review
- Nazia Tarannum and Ranu Agrawal. Biophysical Chemistry. (2017) Manakin Press, New Delhi. Under Review
- Participated in National Symposium on Recent Advances in Toxicological Studies Molecular and Physiological Aspects, during 27-28 February, 2008 at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Poster Presentation on paper entitled “Synthesis, characterization and swelling property of polycarboxybetaine gel.” at National Conference On Application of Material Science In The Service Of The Society, during 12-13 September, 2009 at C.M.P Degree College, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, India.
- Oral Presentation on paper entitled “Sulphobetaine and NaSCN: A new zwitterionic polymer electrolyte system.” at 8th National Conference on Solid State Ionics: Materials for Novel Devices, during 7- 9 December, 2009 at Dr. Hari Singh Gour Univ. Sagar, India.
- Poster Presentation on paper etitled “Synthesis and application of L-aspartic acid imprinted polymer.” at 3rd National Symposium on Analytical Sciences (NSAS) on Recent Advances in Analytical Sciences, during 12-14 April, 2010 at Himachal Pradesh Univ., Summer Hills, Shimla, India.
- Poster Presentation of paper entitled “Synthesis, Characterization and photoluminescence study of polysulfobetaine polyelectrolyte based on Schiff base chemistry.” at National Symposium on Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences, during 19-20 February, 2011 at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Poster presentation of paper entitled “Computational investigation and synthesis of a zwitterionic imprinted material for selective recognition and detection of L-aspartic acid.” at Second International Symposium on Frontiers in Polymer Science (Elseveir) during 29-31 May 2011, Centre de Congrès, Lyon, France.
- Poster presentation of paper entitled “Selective Recognition and Detection of Zwitterionic Drug ‘Baclofen’ by Surface Molecular Imprinting Technique” at Kathmandu Symposia on Advanced Materials (IUPAC) during 9-12 May 2012, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Participated in 16th CRSI National Symposium in Chemistry during 7-9 February, 2014 at IIT Bombay, Mumbai India.
- Participated in Workshop on Role of Internal Quality Assurance Cell in enhancement of quality of Higher Education on 23 March, 2015 at CCS University, Meerut, India.
- Poster Presentation “Silver nanoparticle based water compatible molecular imprinted polymer for artificial recognition of mesalmine” at Applied Nanoscience and Nanotechnology International Conference (PremC) during 5-7 November 2015, Paris, France.
- Nominated to participate and present paper “Molecular Imprinting: Apotential Approach and Dynamic Technique to meet the challenges in diagnostics” in BRICS Young Scientist Forum (among 10 young scientists from India) at CSIR-NIAS Banglore from 26 Sept-30 Sept 2016
- Participated in Symposium & Workshop Statistical Methods in Computational Biology during 28-29 December, 2007 at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Participated in BHU Summer School of Computing during 07-19 April, 2008 at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Participated in National Symposium – workshop on X-Ray Crystallography during 08-09 March, 2010 at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Participated in Workshop of Single Crystal XRD (UGC Networking Program) during 21 November-4 December, 2010 at Hyderabad Central University, Hyderabad, A.P. India.
- Participated in the Workshop on Electronic Structure Calculations and Applications during 26-27 March, 2011 at Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Physics Department, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Certified Course (DAAD) for Preliminary German Language from Oct 2013 to March 2014 at IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, India.
- Completed Certified Course on “Schematic Analysis of NDPS”organized by GFSU Gujrat India from 01 July -15 July 2014.
- Participated in Workshop on Instrumentation Techniques in Forensic Sciences from 20 Aug-22 Aug 2014
- Participated in the workshop on Fundamentals of HPLC with Lab solution workstation from 17 -18 March, 2016 at SAIP, New Delhi, India
- Participated in Workshop on Role of Internal Quality Assurance Cell in enhancement of quality of Higher Education on 23 March, 2015 at CCS University, Meerut, India.
- Orientation Course Completed at Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi from 19 July-16 August, 2016.
- Delivered Invited Lecture entitled “Chemical Recycling of Poly(ethylene terephthalate) to New High Value Molecule” at Faculty Development Programme on “Municipal Soild Waste Management” on 09 Dec, 2016 at Department of Chemical Engineering, M.J.P Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Delivered Keynote Invited Lecture entitled “Ecofriendly Depolymerization of Poly(ethylene terephthalate) to Potentially Applicable Compounds” in “National Conference on Bio-degradation of Wildlife, Environment and Biodiversity” (B-WEB-2017) 19 Mar, 2017 at Gandhi Faiz-E-Aam P.G. College, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Delivered Invited Lecture entitled “Hands on ChemDraw Tools” at “Analytical Instruments Workshop for Undergraduate Students” on 05 May, 2017 at Department of Chemistry, C.C.S University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Delivered Invited Lecture entitled “Hands on ChemDraw Tools”on 11 Nov, 2017 at Department of Chemistry, SSV College, Hapur, Uttar Pradesh, India sponsored by Commission for Scientific & Technical Terminology.
Worked as a Joint Secretary in organizing the Workshop on Technology Development and Transfer to Industry- Challenges & Opportunities Organized by Industry Consultancy Cell on 31 March, 2015 at Chaudhary Charan Singh Univ., Meerut, India.
· Workshop on Chem-draw software was organized and conducted for M.Sc students on 20/5/15 and 20/5/2016 at Department of Chemistry, Chaudhary Charan Singh Univ., Meerut, India.
- Working as a Principal Investigator in UGC-Start-Up grant project “Lysophosphatidic acid imprinted β-cyclodextrin polymer as an artificial biomarker for ovarian cancer” worth Rs 6,00,000/- granted in November 2015.
- Working as a Principal Investigator in DST-RFBR International Coperative Collaboration with Russia “Regularities of low molecular weight analytes detection by natural and synthetic receptors: Comparative analysis and application in the development of systems for antibiotics detection” worth Rs 13,98,200/- granted in June 2017.
- Working as a Co-Investigator and Indian Collaborator in Indo-UK Project with Ulster University, UK under Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Ulster University Pump-priming Application 2017 “Safe motherhood intervention app” worth Rs 20,00,000/- granted in October 2017.
Number of Postgraduate Students Guided:
As a Supervisor:
“Synthesis of co-polymer from poly(ethylene terephthalate) waste and its application as an adsorbent for pesticide contaminated water” Rizwan Khan M.Sc Polymer Science and Technology 2014-2016
“Management of chitin waste to ecofriendly biosorbent for treatment of pesticide contaminated water” Prashant Singh M.Sc Polymer Science and Technology 2014-2016
“Synthesis and characterization of some oxadiazole and hydrazone derivatives from PET waste” Shoiba Ansari M.Sc Polymer Science and Technology 2015-2017
As a Co-Supervisor: “Study of water soluble vitamin B12 by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography” Nivraj Kumar M.Sc Biochemistry 2014-2016
“Analysis of Vitamin B12 in blood serum and standard samples using high pressure liquid chromatography” Deepanshu Uniyal M.Sc Biochemistry 2014-2016