Assistant Professor (Sr.) in the School of Mechanical Engineering, VIT University, Vellore
Dr. Balaji Kumar working as Assistant Professor (Sr.) in the School of Mechanical Engineering, VIT University, Vellore Campus. Expertise in designing various sustainable energy system such as solar collector, radiant cooling, evaporative cooling, absorption heat pump, geothermal heat pump, chiller, hybrid energy systems, cold storage and heat pump water heater. I am a recipient of the Prestigious Baskara Advanced Solar Energy internship and Anna Centenary Research Fellowship
Sustainable cooling and heating systems, Building heat transfer, Peak demand reduction, Renewable energy sources
- K. Balaji, “Energy Demand Reduction in the Built Environment Using Shallow Geothermal Integrated Energy Systems—A Comprehensive Review: Part I. Design Consideration of Ground Heat Exchanger,” ASME J. Eng. Sustain. Build. Cities, vol. 2, no. 3, 2021, doi: 10.1115/1.4052187.
- K. Balaji and V. Sharma, “Energy demand reduction in the built environment using shallow geothermal integrated energy systems: Part II – Hybrid ground source heat pump for building heating,” ASME J. Eng. Sustain. Build. Cities, vol. 2, no. August, pp. 1–37, 2021, doi: 10.1115/1.4052215
- Ganesh Kumar P, Sakthivadivel D, Balaji K, Mohammed Salman, Sung Chul Kim. performance enhancement of a double-pass solar air heater with a shot-blasted absorber plate and winglets, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 35 (6) 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-021-0544-x
- Ganesh Kumar P, Balaji K, Sakthivadivel D, VS Vigneswaran, M Meikandan, R. Velraj. Enhancement of heat transfer in a combined solar air heating and water heater system, Energy, 2021:221;119805. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2021.119805
- VS Vigneswaran, Ganesh Kumar P, Balaji K, Sakthivadivel D, M Meikandan, R. Velraj, Energy, Exergy, and Economic analysis of low thermal conductivity basin solar still integrated with Phase Change Material for energy storage, Journal of Energy Storage, Volume 34, February 2021, 102194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2020.102194