Bukke Kiran Naik
Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department at NIT Rourkela
Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department at NIT Rourkela from 2020. Hereceived both his Ph.D. (2019) and M-Tech (2014) from IIT Guwahati and B-Tech (2012) from JNTU Anantapur in Mechanical Engineering. He worked as a Queen Elizabeth Postdoctoral fellow at Simon Fraser University, Canada during 2020–2021 and as Project Engineer at IIT Guwahati in 2019. He is the recipient of Queen Elizabeth Scholars (QES) Fellowship from Universities Canada, CCSTDS Travel fellowship from INSA/CSIR/DAE-BRNS-CCSTDS, and SERB-ITS travel grant fromDST, Governmentof India. He also received INAE fellowship for working as a visiting researcher at IIT Kanpur. He has filled three patents till date and secured two funded research projects. He also received SERB–Accelerate Vigyan sponsored Karyashala grant. He has about 45 research articles in various internationaljournals and conference proceedings. Further, Dr. Naik has been invited by various reputed institutes/societies to deliver talk on his research work carried out in energy-building-water nexus or sustainable energy and buildings.
His researchexpertise includes Thermo-chemical energy conversion and storage, Development of sorption-based district heating/cooling/drying/desalination system, Design of Ad/Ab-sorption based microencapsulation materials, Application of AI/ML tool for thermal analysis of heat and mass exchangers and Developing analytical models for coupled heat and mass transfer analyses.
- Performance assessment of waste heat/solardriven membrane-based simultaneous desalination and liquid desiccant regeneration system using a thermal model and KNN machine learning tool, Desalination, 2021.
- Assessment of Evaporative Cooling Process across the Mechanically Driven Cooling Tower Based on Two-Point Boundary Value Problem Using Novel Integral Technique, Int. J. Refrigeration, 2021.
- Parametric and Performance Investigations on Novel Multipurpose Liquid Desiccant Drying/Desalination System, Heat Transfer Engineering, 2021.
- Fluid to liquid membrane energy exchanger for simultaneous liquid desiccant regeneration and desalination applications–Theoretical and experimental analyses, Energy Conversion and Management, 2020.
- Experimental investigation and parametric studies on structured packing chamber based liquid desiccant dehumidification and regeneration systems, Building and Environment, 2019.
- Experimental investigation and numerical modelling on the performance assessments of evacuated U–Tube solar collector systems, Renewable Energy, 2019.