National Institute of Advanced Studies
BRICS Young Scientist Forum Conclave, 2021
Healthcare. Energy Solutions and Cyber Physical System
About | Programme | Participants
The idea of the BRICS Young Scientists’ Forum was adopted at the second BRICS Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) Ministerial Meeting. As part of BRICS Young Scientists Forum’s activities, the first BRICS Young Scientist Conclave was held in Bangalore (India) in September 2016. Subsequently, the second Conclave was held in Hangzhou, China during (2017); third in Durban, South Africa (2019); fourth in Brasilia, Brazil (2019); and the fifth in Chelyabinsk, Russia (2020).
As a follow up of the above and to implement the BRICS Leaders’ declaration on “strengthening cooperation in science, technology and innovation, especially leveraging young scientific talent for addressing societal challenges; creating a networking platform for BRICS young scientists”, and to implement the instructions of BRICS ministers, in 2021, the sixth BRICS Young Scientist Conclave is schedules to take place at National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India in September 2021. The conclave would be held in a hybrid mode – online and offline.
The Conclave will provide a high-level platform for academic and policy exchange among talented young scientists as well as scientific personnel from BRICS countries to help them grow their skills, broaden their horizon and improve academic and policy qualifications, stimulate the interest of talented young scientists in the strategic research of future technologies, direct their attention to the most promising and important field of science and technology, promote exchanges and friendship, expand channels of cooperation, strengthen inter-disciplinary integration, encourage new academic inspirations, cultivate new academic disciplines and produce valuable policy advice.
The vision of the BRICS-YSF would include the following:
- BRICS youth connectivity and networking to harness their knowledge for resolving common societal challenges through research and innovation.
- Strengthen the advancement of skill, and research competencies of youth, primarily below the age of 40 years drawn from Science, Engineering, and other allied disciplines.
- Building BRICS leadership in S&T through creative youth with capacity and capability to accelerate change individually and collectively through the Forum and through BRICS YSF alumni.
- Reinforcing BRICS countries’ and regional STI policies, youth policies, skill development and entrepreneurship policies.
INDIA CONCLAVE 2021
The conclave will be hosted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore through the Zoom platform. NIAS will share the link with the selected the participants.
The sixth BRICS YSF programme will include the following activities:
- Three Parallel Sessions on the Thematic Areas: Healthcare , Energy Solutions and Cyber Physical system (CPS) and real life applications
- BRICS Young Innovator Prize. Thematic Areas for projects are Healthcare, Energy Solutions and Cyber Physical system (CPS) and their applications
- Networking Café (youth science networking and activities)
A detailed programme would be sent to selected participants a week before the Conclave.
Applications for Conclave: Closed. (Last date 15 August 2021)
For information contact:
D Suba Chandran (Conclave Convener)
Professor & Dean, School of Conflict & Secuirty Studies,
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS),
Indian Institute of Science Campus,
Phone:+91-80-22185142 (Office-Direct); +91-80-22185000 (Office) +919810326878(Mobile)